Environmental Reading Program
Each April & May, Williamson Recycles/Keep Williamson Beautiful sponsors Environmental Reading for kindergarten classes to celebrate Earth Day! Volunteers read environmentally-themed books to promote environmental education and litter prevention awareness.
Environmental Reading Demonstration
Note: Since filming, the program has shifted from 2nd grade curriculum to kindergarten science curriculum! Williamson County's Environmental Reading Program is correlated to the WCS science scope and sequence and is science curriculum specialist approved!
Click here to view the 2018 Environmental Reading Teacher Guide. - 2019 Guide coming soon!
Click here to view the 2018 Environmental Reading Sample Program for Volunteers. - 2019 Sample coming soon!
Click here to view the Environmental Reading Pledge, which is given to each second grade classroom. We encourage you to take this pledge too!
Keep Williamson Beautiful loves its 2017 reading partners!
- Brentwood Library
- College Grove Community Library
- County Commissioner Barbara Sturgeon
- Franklin Sustainability Commission
- Freedom Intermediate's Green Team
- GFWC: Brentwood Woman's Club
- GFWC: Spring Station Woman's Club
- New Neighbor's Garden Club
- Old Glory Chapter, DAR
- Poplar Grove Middle's Green Team
- Westwood Elementary's 5th Grade Green Team
- Williamson County Master Gardeners
- Williamson County Public Library
- Winstead Elementary's 5th Grade Student Council
Special thank you to our phenomenal 2017 volunteers who read to 2nd grade classes at 26 of the Williamson County and Franklin Special School District elementary schools!!!!! We hugely appreciate our fabulous volunteers!
Contact Jennifer Gosciniak Stanley at (615) 786-0166 or email email@example.com!