Planning & Zoning
In the News
Public open house regarding Triune Development Standards:
- A public open house will be held on Tuesday, September 24, 2019 at 6:30 PM at the Triune United Methodist Church (7906 Nolensville Rd., Arrington, TN 37014). Click here to learn more.
- For information on how to submit, please use the navigation links on the left hand side of the screen or click here .
Beginning Thursday, September 8, 2016, the Williamson County Regional Planning Commission will meet at their new meeting time of 5:30 PM.
- Meetings will continue to be held in the Auditorium of the Williamson County Administrative Complex, located at 1320 West Main Street in Franklin. This change was adopted by the Regional Planning Commission in conjunction with other changes to the Commission Bylaws.
Zoning Inquiry online now.
The Planning Department is dedicated to fostering quality growth and development throughout the unincorporated areas of Williamson County.
The department strives to provide sound and professional land use guidance as well as quality customer services as it interacts with policy makers, various boards and commissions, the development community, and the general public regarding land use and development issues.
Our primary responsibility is to implement the provisions of the:
- Community Development Report
- Comprehensive Plan
- Subdivision Regulations
- Zoning Ordinance
- Major Thoroughfare Plan Update
In addition, the department is also responsible for reviewing development proposals, providing guidance to the development community and general public, providing technical assistance to the County, Planning, and Highway commissions, and preparing long-range plans and other planning-related documents, as needed.
Please use the links on the left-hand side of the screen to access information related to Zoning Amendments, Special Area Plans, Planning Projects, and other helpful information related to the Planning Department.
Would You Like to Know More?
Information regarding the adopted Grassland Village Special Area Plan and the proposed development (zoning) standards can be found by following the link located on the left hand side of the screen titled Regulations and Plans, or by clicking the links below:
- Grassland Village Special Area Plan
- Grassland Village Proposed Development (Zoning) Standards (summary version)
- Grassland Village Proposed Development (Zoning) Standards (full version)